To get an idea of what the euphemism "help" refers to, see, e.g.:
- Theories of Punishment - on the punitive nature of suicide prevention efforts
- Is Suicide Illegal? - how suicide is effectively illegal
- The Myth of the Hospital - my experiences as an unwilling guest of several mental hospitals, and as a patient advocate
- Force Feeding and Respecting Values - more on the horrors of the hospital, and why it's not all "worth it" in the name of preserving life
- Victims of the Suicide Prohibition - on non-consensual scientific experiments on paralyzed would-be suicides
- Attempted Suicide as a Signal - how the suicide prohibition harms not just would-be suicides, but also people who don't really want to die, but just want attention
Please don't help enforce unethical laws or policies like Facebook's.